Contract Type: Permanent
Job Description: -
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of new product introduction projects from initial concept through to release to production and beyond. This includes interpreting customer requirements, defining specifications and developing robust electro-mechanical design solutions to meet these requirements on time and to budget.
- The production and interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications in accordance with the appropriate national and international standards.
- Project Management -- Delivering all aspects of the project to agreed timescales. Identification of project risk and implementation of mitigation or contingency activity as appropriate.
- Interfacing with customers, internal and external. As the product expert, you will be expected to provide technical support and guidance where required.
- Demonstrate suitability of proposed design solutions through the use of appropriate engineering tools and practices e.g. tolerance analysis, stress analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, reliability analysis, design for manufacture etc.
- Define and conduct product testing as appropriate. This will include mechanical (endurance, shock, vibration etc) and environmental (temperature, humidity, chemical etc).
- Creation and maintenance of the project design dossier.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an electro-mechanical design environment.
- Candidates with HND or HNC with considerable experience of electro-mechanical design are invited to apply for the position.
- A demonstrable understanding of engineering materials their properties and selection criteria.
- Experience of 2D drafting, preferably AutoCAD.
- Experience with 3D surface modelling, preferably Pro Engineer or Solid Works.
- A sound understanding of DFM/DFA techniques.
- Experience in the use of root cause analysis tools e.g. 8D.
- To development of their engineering skills in a culture of continuous improvement.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly