Purchase Ledger Assistant
Purchase Ledger Assistant
Figuring out your career…
If you’re experienced with purchase ledger and have superb attention to detail, then this opportunity to join the friendly team as part of thriving business Gwynedd Shipping Group, is one not to be missed. Your superb organisational skills and effectiveness within the busy accounts team, will enable you to reap fantastic rewards within this progressive business.
Who will I be working with?
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 150 professionals, the business is continuing to grow year on year and has recently joined Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
So, what will the role of Purchase Ledger Assistant entail?
Working as part of an accounts team, you will take responsibility for the processing and payment of all supplier invoices for the group. Duties will include, although not limited to:
- Ensuring all invoice purchases are supported by authorised purchase orders
- Accurately coding invoices and applying the group nominal ledger codes
- Resolving invoice and credit note queries
- Scheduling supplier payments
- Ensuring correct allocation of payments to supplier invoices and accounts
- Chasing credit notes and applying correctly
- Reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Completing reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Maintaining accounting records by making copies and filing documents
- Entering data into the computer, maintaining accounting databases and ensuring backups completed
- Verifying financial reports by running performance analysis software program
What will I need to be considered for this Purchase Ledger Assistant vacancy?
- Proven experience within purchase ledger
- Working knowledge of journals and accruals, along with reconciliations techniques
- Experience of allocating cash book payments to supplier accounts
- Working knowledge of a computerised accounting package, ideally Sage
- Good IT literacy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A minimum of five GSCEs, including Mathematics and English Language
- Accurate and timely data entry skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Organised, with the ability to work as part of a team
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a growing business working as part of a professional team, where your efforts and contribution will be recognised and rewarded.
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme with employer contribution of 3% after probation and death in service cover
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri 8:30am to 5pm, with 30 mins lunch break
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Holyhead (Anglesey, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Purchase Ledger Assistant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly