Are you an experienced and results focused Transport Planner with superior organisation and communication skills? A superb opportunity is available for an ambitious professional with a genuine interest in the transport industry, to join a growing business as part of a professional busy team based from the depot in Deeside.
Who will I be working with?
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 100 drivers, the business is continuing to grow year on year. Having recently joined Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network, Gwynedd Shipping Group now handles single pallet loads to large scale consignments covering the CH postcode in Chester.
So, what will the role of Transport Planner entail?
Reporting to the General Manager and Senior Management Team, you’ll take responsibility for the day to day planning and running of the road fleet, liaising directly with customers and colleagues to ensure services are delivered efficiently and effectively, and ensuring that the company remains compliant with WTD and drivers hours. Duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Vehicle and trailer planning, maximising usage and turnaround whilst being cost effective
- Liaising directly with customers and on site personnel in advance of deliveries, in order to ensure that all consignments are made safely, efficiently and potential problems are identified and eliminated
- Communicating daily working activities to Senior Management Team and drivers, explaining deadlines and all other relevant information in a timely manner
- Undertaking booking-in activities
- Communicating delivery amendments to colleagues
- Undertaking administration tasks associated with the delivery paperwork
- Ensuring performed duties comply with legal requirements and company policies
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are taken into account to ensure that each consignment is completed within the industry guidelines
- Evaluating the benefits and costs of different strategies
- Ensuring performance related targets are met, including fleet performance, trailer performance and customer KPIs
- Developing the Gwynedd Shipping customer base
What will I need to be considered for this role of Transport Planner?
- Proven experience within a busy transport planning role
- Proficient IT literacy, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to learn and adapt to in-house IT systems
- Ability to prioritise and multitask different projects at one time in a fast paced environment
- Professional and friendly manner towards both customers and colleagues
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Versatility and ability to work under own initiative, and as a team using negotiating and reasoning skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
A CPC holder is desired, although not essential.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a growing business working as part of a professional team, where your efforts and contribution will be recognised and rewarded.
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum, level dependent on current experience
Other benefits: 20 days annual leave plus statutory, increasing with increments to maximum of 25 days after 5 years’ service
Contract type: Permanent, full time hours
Location: Based from the Deeside depot (Flintshire, North Wales). Easily accessible from Chester, Wirral and the M56.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Transport Planner vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.