Quality & Risk Analyst (CDD), Quality & Risk Operations, Cardiff
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
We are a Centre of Excellence, so it goes without saying we take pride in what we do. As a specialist division of the firm's Quality and Risk Management function we have a vital role to play. Supporting our client facing colleagues around the firm, we are a central resource responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance activities that are frequently sensitive in nature.
Join us and you'll be joining an expanding team of talented, highly motivated people who are successfully making an impact that matters.
You will be based in the Quality and Risk team in our central Cardiff office.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
- Conduct extensive background checks on new clients, across multiple jurisdictions, typically using IT based research tools and analyse the associated risks on a case by case basis
- Monitor, manage and support the progress of procedures for new client and new work acceptance
- Liaise extensively with internal customers
- Provide Partners with the information needed on which to base decisions
- Complete online 'take-on' tool to support client acceptance decisions
- Review and refresh information held on existing clients
- Contribute to ad-hoc project work supporting risk management and regulatory compliance within the UK firm
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service. We are looking for:
- Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability
- Skilful communicators with strong interpersonal skills at all levels
- Enthusiastic team players but who can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own
- Flexible multi-taskers: This is a dynamic role and you'll be working on multiple, often complex, cases at the same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you
- Discretion: You will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions
- A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases
- Working/work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
From the start you will be hired as a permanent member of staff so we make a serious commitment to your future. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, a structured training and development plan and a raft of other perks and discounts. And we won't just throw you in at the deep end. You'll feel part of the team from day one. Our comprehensive induction and training programmes will give you the confidence to fly and our established network of 'buddies' and mentors will be there to support and guide you every step of the way.
You are here: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm's Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 135400