A superb career opportunity has arisen for a highly driven and experienced Warehouse Manager with excellent customer service and leadership skills, to be part of manufacturing giant Qioptiq in North Wales, where you will ensure a smooth warehouse operation and be a key part of the business’ ongoing success.
Who will I be working with?
Qioptiq is a world leader in the designing and manufacturing of photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications such as medicine, life science, industrial manufacturing, defence and aerospace, and research and development.
Qioptiq’s outstanding global reputation exists thanks to the dedicated team of over 2,100 employees, who are provided with an interesting yet challenging work environment. Qioptiq endeavours to achieve excellent communication throughout the company, and has a focus on encouraging personal development and supporting individuals to exploit their potential, by actively promoting their quest for knowledge, enjoyment of continuous learning and active participation in the life of the company.
So, what will the role of Warehouse Manager entail?
Reporting to the STAS (Surveillance Target and Acquisition Support) Project Manager, as the Warehouse Manager you will play a key role in leading the Warehouse Team in all operational disciplines, maintaining operational excellence, a high level of productivity, and ensuring customer satisfaction KPIs are achieved. Duties will include:
- Training staff on warehouse procedures, freight handling, loading/unloading and packing
- Monitoring and coordinating work flow for freight movement, staff and suppliers
- Controlling and monitoring receipt of freight to provide a seamless transition to further processing
- Ensuring proper maintenance of all transactional records
- Monitoring and controlling warehouse equipment, supplies, documentation and labelling
- Monitoring supplier compliance with service standards and requirements as per contract terms
- Managing department budgets, schedules, conducting reviews, and interviewing / hiring staff
- Responding to customer enquiries in a timely manner
- Leading process improvement plans, recommending changes in procedures to improve the warehouse area and operating efficiency
- Ensuring employees are compliant with warehouse policies and procedures
What will I need to be considered for this Warehouse Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Manager, with superb knowledge of the warehouse process, environment and regulations
- Educated to a minimum level of C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Enthusiastic and focused, with a methodical, proactive and flexible approach to work
- Highly organised with an aptitude for working under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Superb communication skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong IT literacy
- High level of attention to detail
Knowledge of the MoD (Ministry of Defence) supply chain would be advantageous, although not essential.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a highly reputable organisation where you’ll be encouraged and supported to develop your career.
Salary: £27,778 - £35,692, level dependent on experience
Standard Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free car parking, stakeholder pension scheme (with company contribution) includes Life Assurance at x4 salary, learning and development opportunities, bonus plan (profit share), and childcare voucher scheme.
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Asaph (Denbighshire, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Warehouse Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Qioptiq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Qioptiq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Warehouse Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly