Junior Business Development Exec - Technical Products / IT / Telco
Trainee Business Development Manager - IT / Telecoms
Our client has doubled their turnover over the last few years and is now looking to recruit a Trainee BDM to shadow the senior sales force and become a full time Sales Person within an IT and Telecommunication Business in South Wales. (Newport / Chepstow Area)
Working with their Mentor the Trainee will work on a 12-month development plan to develop skills to be a successful Business Development Executive. The role holder will be responsible for new business development and sales within a defined segment (target company size and geographical territory). Our client will invest heavily into training and development allowing the candidate to learn and become a quick success within an established business.
He/she will generate opportunities and sell products and services to achieve revenues in line with business objectives and sales targets
- Drive Business Sales
- To identify and target prospective new customers and develop sales of into all appropriate channels and verticals as well as when directed to existing customers.
- Telephone sales role managing an portfolio via both cold calling and converting warm leads.
- Maintain regular contact with accounts, both via written and verbal communication methods, ensuring that knowledge of the accounts within the company are up to date.
- Updating and maintaining the our client's CRM Systems
- Management of sales opportunities over the phone, with a focus on managing the sales relationship, commercials etc.
- Follow through account opportunities to close on the telephone or through face to face meetings, customer presentations, tender responses etc.
- Own and manage a revenue forecast
- Present sales forecasts, pipeline and bid list for your account base throughout the quarter, demonstrating a knowledge of the business expectations across your customer set.
- Presenting a brief to Sales Executives and handing over established accounts.
- Attend events and shows when applicable.
- Match approach with service sales
IDEAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
- The desire to sell and a willingness to learn
- A confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills; articulate, ambitious and confident
- Good IT skills
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline (2:2 or above)
- GCSE's in Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Fluency in additional European languages
- Previous B2B sales experience and knowledge of sales processes
SALARY & PACKAGE:
You will be rewarded with a starting basic salary of between GBP18,000 - GBP22,000 with monthly bonus potential. In addition, our client will offer a wide range of benefits including but not limited to 22 days holiday (plus bank hols), Medical Cash plan, Life Insurance, Free car parking on site.
Please call John Ross on the numbers provided for further information or submit your CV direct via this portal, ideally with a covering note on why you wish to apply.