Young Persons Worker
By doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.
Young Persons Worker
£8.35 per hour
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 390,000 children, young people and families.
Our therapeutic residential service based in Wrexham providing Young People who are looked after with longer term stable placements is a vital part of our work. As a casual young person’s worker, you will become part of our residential team, working on an as and when required basis. Helping to cover staff sickness and holidays. You will support young people to achieve the best possible outcomes and reach their full potential whilst living in a nurturing, safe environment. You will support young people to be part of their community, attending activities and events, attending and achieving in education, working closely with parents/carers, teachers and social workers. You will work shifts, weekends and sleep in duties as required.
We are also seeking Casual Young People’s workers (Non Residential) to work in the community, providing Emotional wellbeing support, through one to one work and group work activities.
How you’ll make a difference:
- By becoming part of the staff team providing flexible cover, to ensure consistency for the Young People.
- By communicating, engaging, encouraging and supporting young people to attend and achieve in school, take part in local activities and events and attend contact with parents/carers and siblings, where appropriate.
- By promoting a nurturing, therapeutic, safe environment, where young people can thrive and try out new experiences.
- By working in the community proving one to one work and group activities.
What you’ll need:
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or QCF level 3 or willingness to work towards this qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of Safeguarding, and keeping young people safe.
- Ability and willingness to drive is essential
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards. Find out about our benefit package on our website by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: 18 August 2017.
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work.
Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.