We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Hodge Lifetime specialises in the retirement solutions market. Its core products are retirement mortgages, equity release and pension annuities.
Salary: From £28,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + company car
Hodge Lifetime’s property team is responsible for the division’s property-related risk which includes underwriting lending applications, monitoring of the property portfolio, resolution of problem cases and managing property sales.
We are currently looking for a Building Surveyor with residential property experience and a proven understanding of the housing market, to join our team. The vacancy is primarily field-based covering a wide geographical area across the UK. A full and clean UK driving licence is therefore essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out various property condition surveys/inspections to identify any defects or maintenance requirements;
- Recordinginspection findings, escalating any problems or issues identified to the Property Manager for consideration;
- Liaising by telephone, email and face-to-face with customers or their representatives (executors/estates of deceased clients, relatives etc.) and relevant third parties (valuers, estate agents etc.), ensuring service levels are met.
This is a technical role and requires the post holder to have excellent residential property/construction knowledge in order to conduct inspections in a methodical and structured way, with an eye for detail. You will be expected to demonstrate a familiarity with relevant rules and standards, as well as the ability to apply basic inspection techniques to identify common potential defects and understand the related implications.
Ideally, we are looking for a competent inspector/building surveyor with existing knowledge of residential housing from a background in either:
- a similar property-related role within financial services;
- local authority/housing association;
- building consultants/surveying firms.
You will have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively. In addition, excellent communication and the ability to be tactful in sensitive situations are important skills for this role.
A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification in Building/Surveying is essential. The successful candidate will be encouraged to continue with their professional development. Financial support and study leave may be available.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Hodge is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.