Site Head of Production
7 days left
- Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• To lead, develop and motivate production management and staff in the pursuit of operational excellence.
• To effectively manage the conversion process of raw materials into finished product to meet specified quality, quantity, delivery and health and safety requirements.
• To lead the site services team and engineering maintenance staff to develop and support engineering solutions and equipment to meet operational requirements.
• Ensuring that the business can achieve shortened cycle times with maximum output from Production through PPMs, reduced OEEs and ability for the maintenance department to respond promptly and effectively to urgent downtime events.
• To manage departmental activities to ensure that: agreed weekly production schedules are achieved
• To recruit, train and manage departmental staff to ensure that personnel requirements are identified and suitable staff are selected to meet current and future needs and that best use is made of the team and its members via the effective distribution of tasks and activities, the setting of clear objectives, the setting out of appropriate plans and methods of working and the provision of feedback on performance
• To identify opportunities for improving operational activities and to plan, agree and successfully implement changes,
• To effectively manage the Production department’s budgets.
• To contribute as a member of the Operations Management Team (SLT) to major decisions and the development of relevant programmes of work and policies.
• To lead designated projects through planning and preparation, co- ordination and Implementation, and closure stages to achieve project outcomes within agreed time scales and budgets.
• To establish and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels and to effectively represent the interests of the Company in dealings with key stakeholders
• Manage, coordinate and control all aspects of maintenance & site services engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
• Implementation of engineering metrics through gap analysis, design and implementation of roadmaps and improvement plans.
• Introduce and manage automated Preventative maintenance plan utilising kitting system with the objective of minimising machine downtime.
• Actively participate in daily/weekly/monthly production review meetings.
• Monitor line performance as OEE Values and actively progress continuous improvement activities in a structured fashion.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent level of qualification in electrical and/or mechanical engineering is essential.
• Have senior leadership experience.
• An extensive level of experience in managing within a similar position, and be fully conversant in the day to day running of a factory environment.
• Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in all aspects of Modern Maintenance practices such as automated PM systems, TPM and condition based monitoring.
• To have extensive experience in adopting Lean Six Sigma techniques, ideal candidate will be black belt trained
• High degree of commercial negotiating skills is essential.
• The jobholder should have excellent inter personal, administrative and leadership skills, financial awareness and the ability to organise his or her own workload.
• A thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems, GMP and other legislation relating to this job.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Site Head of Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly