Resource & Efficiency Adviser
4 days left
- Full Time
Efficiency Adviser - Help SMEs understand Environmental Management - Bridgend based with travel
Resource Efficiency Adviser
Location: Bridgend base with travel across South Wales
Salary/Rate: GBP32,000-GBP35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent Resource
Your new organisation
Our client is a dynamic social enterprise who work as a leading business services provider in South Wales. They deal with the flagship contract for supporting the growth of enterprise and have been championing the quality of business advice to start ups and growing concerns for over 27 years They have an excellent track record of managing and delivering business support contracts on behalf of a range of clients including the UK and Welsh Governments and other organisations. They have a legacy of turning new businesses into great businesses and growing businesses in to major successes!
Your new role
Specialist Advisers work with clients who are new and established businesses on a 1-2-1 basis. The Specialist Adviser uses their significant experience and knowledge to undertake an in-depth discussion and develop an action plan to identify key issues and priorities.
The Specialist Advisor works on one specific action item with the client. In addition, the Specialist Adviser utilises their knowledge of 3rd parties, in public and private sector, who may also be able to provide support and solutions to the client.
Support from other generalist Business Advisers, Specialists are available in the Business Wales service, such as Superfast Broadband Optimisation, which is integrated with the package of support in order to maximise the growth of the business.
Specialist Advisers work closely with their internal colleagues to ensure that:
- Information and advice given to clients at Level 1 and 2 of the segmentation model is accurate and up-to-date via Continuous Professional Development sessions;
- Supporting with queries of a more complex or technical nature; and
- Act as Specialist Champions to ensure the service delivers to best practice standards and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Encourage clients, and make appropriate referrals to clients, to engage with relevant business to business Growth networks that may assist them in achieving business development and growth potential.
- Develop and deliver 'Growth Path' Workshops and participate in other seminars and activities that attract and engage growth clients. training materials.
- Build effective relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers; in public sector, e.g. Carbon Trust, Energy Saving Trust, WG Energy Branch, and services available from the procured framework of specialist service providers in the private sector.
- Attending business networking events to introduce the service to potential beneficiaries and strategically important organisations. Undertake appropriate networking activities to maintain, and utilise to maximum effect,
What you will need to succeed
- High level commercial awareness with an aptitude for developing entrepreneurial activity
- Understanding of local / regional differences in the Welsh economy
- Awareness and knowledge of general business support available from Public and Private sectors
- Good awareness of specialist business support available from Public and Private sectors
You must also have:
- Excellent IT skills
- Valid driving licence and ability to travel within the region on a daily basis
- Welsh speaker is highly desirable, but not essential
What you will get in return
- Salary range of GBP32,000-GBP35,000 (depending on skills, knowledge and experience)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- 6% Non-contributory pension scheme
- Long-term sick income protection of up to 75% salary
- 4 x Death in Service benefit
- The option of a full-time or part-time permanent contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.