New Product Development Technician
POSITION: New Product Development Technician (FMCG)
HOURS: Monday - Friday days (must be flexible regarding hours and weekend)
SALARY: GBP20,000 circa + benefits
Main purpose of the role:
To assist the Head of Innovations and Procurement in running the development process from initial concept to production launch within expected timescales and price points.
- Develop concepts to meet agreed timings, maintaining specified BRC quality standards.
- Keep up to date with new food trends, market issues, packaging and process concepts to help with continuous innovation in product offers.
- Monitor product quality for new and existing products.
- Develop an awareness of comparative products from major retailers/competitors.
- Perform benchmarking trials.
- Source new ingredients where appropriate.
- Involvement with initial costings and specification photography.
- Attend development meetings, factory trials and product launches.
- Product research.
- Manage and maintain product development procedures files.
- Make up samples for meetings and presentations.
- Assist with hospitality for site visits.
- Previous work with a FMCG environment would be advantageous
- A flair and genuine interest for food and new product development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good organisational, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Clean driving licence.
- Computer literate.
- Flexible approach to work and hours.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Willing to take ownership of projects and have a pro-active approach.
Hours of work: Up to 37.5 hours per week, generally between Monday-Friday Due to the nature of the business however, early starts, late finishes and occasional weekend working to attend launches and trials etc. will be required.
Please call Nicola or Frankie for more information on or email your cv to