Our client is seeking a number of Warehouse Operatives to join the Finished Goods department based at their Merthyr Tydfil site in South Wales.
The purpose of the role is to undertake a variety of general warehouse activities. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hard-working, enthusiastic and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Hours of work:
42 hours per week on alternate day shifts (shift 1 & 2) or fixed night shifts (shift 3).
Shift 1: Monday to Thursday from 6.00am to 3.00pm and Friday from 6.00am to 2.00pm.
Shift 2: Monday to Thursday from 12.30pm to 9.30pm and Friday from 10.30am to 7.00pm.
Shift 3: Sunday to Wednesday from 8.30pm to 6.30am and Thursday from 9.30pm to 5.00am.
You will receive a 30 minute paid break and a 30 minute unpaid break per shift.
Warehouse operatives may at times be asked to work flexibly to cover periods of absence, holidays or during peak time, which may include working days/nights.
* Positive, outgoing and with a confident disposition.
* Pro-active and able to work without close supervision.
* An active and flexible team player, contributing and developing solutions to common problems.
* Good attention to detail/accuracy.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Main role responsibilities
* Loading and unloading vehicles and containers both manually and using fork lift trucks
* Picking and preparation of stock ready for dispatch
* Liaison with logistics supervisors for picking instructions
* Assist with any Health and Safety developments
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the comapny
* Previous experience within a busy warehouse environment
* Current forklift truck licence - counterbalance
* Current full driving licence
* Basic IT skills
In addition to the basic salary, you will also receive a shift allowance (10% for alternating day shifts and 20% for night shifts) and warehouse bonus scheme with annual potential of £960.00
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension after 3 months
Company profit related bonus (up to 3%)
Discounts on products plus plenty of other staff-only offers
If you feel that you have the energy, enthusiasm and determination to succeed in this role then please apply online using the link at the bottom of the page.
Apply for Warehouse Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly