Materials Laboratory Supervisor
6 days left
- Full Time
New opportunities not to be missed! NSF International are recruiting for a Materials Laboratory Supervisor to join the team based in Oakdale, Gwent. We are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
NSF International is a growing, global, public health and safety organisation. Our mission which we are passionate about is to protect and improve human health. NSF International is dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business divisions include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and international strategic registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification, training and advising our clients. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with 2,500 employees worldwide we provide services in over 170 countries at more than 50 office and laboratory locations.
NSF Wales is the UK’s largest water fittings and materials testing laboratory. With over 75 years’ experience and knowledge of water supply and distribution. We are looking for a Supervisor to join our busy Materials Testing Department based at our laboratory in Oakdale, South Wales. The department facilitates testing and approval/certification of a wide variety of products and materials to show they are suitable to come into contact with drinking water by demonstrating compliance with various UK and international standards.
The Materials Laboratory Supervisor Role
You will support the Materials Laboratory Manager (and deputise in their absence) to oversee day-to-day laboratory operations to meet safety, quality, on time delivery, productivity and cost control objectives.
As part of the Materials Laboratory Supervisor role, you will have responsibility for:
- To effectively delegate tasks within the small material laboratory team, with a focus on quality and delivery.
- Working with the Account Management Team and other laboratory staff to plan, prioritise and schedule all laboratory work in line with customer expectations.
- Monitor laboratory operations and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Holding regular one-to-one meetings with laboratory staff to provide feedback on their performance, understand their needs, skills and competences and to identify training requirements in order to undertake their roles effectively.
- Working closely with the Health and Safety officer and laboratory staff to ensure risk assessments and safe working procedures are in place for all laboratory testing activities.
- Ensuring that testing is conducted in line with laboratory test procedures and quality requirements.
- To ensure that mechanical laboratory staff work in accordance with the ISO 17025 quality management system.
- Ensure that laboratory staff are adequately trained to undertake tests assigned to them.
- To assist the Laboratory Manager in signing test reports, which will sent to customers and regulatory bodies.
- To support the implementation of NSF’s global Laboratory Information Management System.
Our ideal Materials Laboratory Supervisor will have the following skills:
- A minimum of three years relevant laboratory experience at senior or supervisory level.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Further or higher education qualifications in a chemistry based subject.
- Familiarity with the water and/or material testing industries and relevant technical standards.
- Experience with ICP-MS.
With excellent opportunities to develop NSF International is the perfect choice for you to build you career. Why not click apply today and become our Materials Laboratory Supervisor – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 4th August 2017
NSF International is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST PLEASE
Apply for Materials Laboratory Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly