IT Systems Administrator / IT Technician / IT Support
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 hours per week 9am-5.30pm
As an IT administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems.
You'll be responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out the routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. On a day to day basis, you might be called upon to help colleagues with more basic IT needs. This will mean you'll need to share your own knowledge to help others, including setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords. You'll also be required to monitor employees' internet and email use.
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for the entire Group.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems are operational.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyse and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy network equipment.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, Wireless Access Points, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Strong communication skills;
- A working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows, Office 365, Windows Domain Structures, IP Telephony, Network equipment;
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software;
- Good organisational skills;
- Good time management;
- 2 to 3 years in a similar role.
- Cisco Networking experience;
- Alcatel IP Telephony experience;
- Linux experience;
- Experience with SIP Gateways.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter.
Candidates with experience of; ICT Support Engineer, ICT Technician, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/SBS, Exchange 2007/10/13, Microsoft Office 2007-2016/365, SAN, Microsoft SQL 2005-2014, Networking, Switches, Routers, LAN/WAN/IPSec/MPLS, SSL VPN, Printers, Monitoring Tools, Shell Scripting, Active Directory Application Deployment, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician will also be considered for this role.
Apply for IT Systems Administrator / IT Technician / IT Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly