You can have your cake and eat it with this role!
Are you an experienced Buyer who thrives utilising your superb negotiation and relationship building skills? Then don’t miss this opportunity to join a highly reputable and ambitious food production business, and be part of its exciting future.
Who will I be working with?
The Cake Crew is the UK’s largest independent manufacturer of private label cupcakes, supplying a variety of bakery products into major supermarkets, independent retailers and wholesalers. The award winning business has been rapidly expanding due to customer demand. The Cake Crew continue to make significant investments into the development of employees and infrastructure to build upon the success, with recognition and reward high on the agenda.
So, what will the role of Buyer entail?
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Management team and a wide variety of colleagues, your remit will be to deliver an efficient material supply service at best value to the business. As the Buyer, your duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Sourcing, negotiating and finalising the procurement of packaging materials and ingredients
- Building strong collaborative relationships and arranging regular review meetings with suppliers
- Ensuring the quality of materials are of a high standard
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records on orders, forecasting material usage and influencing profit margins
- Analysing current and new suppliers and negotiating supply
- Managing supplier performance and dealing with any issues
- Including negotiating competitive credit limits and terms with suppliers
- Producing KPI reports for the Site Manager and the board
- Attending supplier first production runs and assessing quality before positive release of packaging and decorations
- Producing weekly reports for key stakeholders
- Recipe and packaging cost engineering
- Ensuring awareness of commodities markets and reacting quickly to market changes
What will I need to be considered for this Buyer vacancy?
- Proven experience gained as a Buyer, ideally in the food industry or FMCG (bakery experience would be a bonus)
- Confident use of all negotiating techniques and procurement approaches
- Superb administration and IT skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise effectively
- High level of attention to detail
- Superb problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
A Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification would be advantageous, although not essential, but a proven track record is key.
What will I receive in return?
Within this growing business you’ll be part of a professional and ambitious team. Your strong work ethic and high performance will be noticed and appreciated.
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000 level dependent on experience
Hours of Work: Full time, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Bala (Gwynedd, North Wales). Flexible options to partly work from home will be considered.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or CV submissions.
This Buyer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer The Cake Crew. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer The Cake Crew, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.