HR and Equality & Diversity Adviser
Role: HR and Equality & Diversity Adviser
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Hours: full time, 37.5 per week
Are you interested in transformational HR? Do you find yourself “motivated by the thought of making a difference in Welsh business, working with a diverse range of clients in a dynamic environment with the added bonus of a competitive reward package (Cathryn, Business Wales Equality and Diversity adviser)?”
If yes, then now is your chance to join our expert Advisory Team as an Equality and Diversity Adviser. You will be working for a Social Enterprise to support businesses across South Wales. The role provides high job satisfaction gained by seeing the impact your knowledge and guidance has on Welsh entrepreneurs and the businesses’ growth. You will provide specialist support on the best employment and HR practices and advice on how these can add value to businesses. You will work in a team of supportive and highly experienced Business Advisers who collaborate to create an extensive internal knowledge bank.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience in advising organisations on a variety of equality and diversity and employment related matters,
- Understanding of how small local businesses operate and the needs of SMEs in the context of the regional economy,
- Knowledge of the various public and private sector support services available to employers,
- Effective planning and prioritising of workloads to deliver against KPIs and prescribed deadlines, while working to set compliance processes,
- Strong ability to interact effectively with people, persuading and influencing people,
- High integrity and the ability to defend equal opportunities and to lead by example to uphold organisational ethics and values,
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office,
- Valid driving licence and ability to travel within the South Wales region,
- Welsh speaker is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary,
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays,
- Non-contributory pension scheme with company sick pay,
- Income Protection,
- Death in Service benefit,
- Energetic and supportive working environment,
- Great learning culture,
- Satisfaction from helping business owners and making a difference.
For more information about the role please refer to the job description. Please remember to fill an application form that is accessible on our website.
Business in Focus reserves the right to change the closing date for applications at any given time. Please check the Company’s website for the most up to date deadline.