Regional Precision Technician
Regional Precision Technician (Bovine Genetics)
Are you experienced in providing a high standard of artificial insemination services and reproductive technical advice, and would thrive working for a business that will recognise your efforts and support your career development? If so, read on to uncover a superb opportunity.
Who will I be working with?
Cogent is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK’s largest bull stud. The award winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting products to more than 40 countries, with a workforce in excess of 120 professional team members, and a head office located in Cheshire.
So, what will the role of Precision Technician entail?
Reporting to the Precision Operations Manager and Team Leader, you will assist the Precision Reproductive Solutions Team in operating and delivering a high quality reproduction and breeding service, providing expert advice and assisting customers in meeting reproductive objectives, and developing the reproductive service. Tasks to include;
- Building effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
- Running an efficient service utilising Cogent’s state-of-the-art heat detection system and whole herd management solution, to ensure accurate and timely artificial insemination of cattle
- Taking responsibility for your customers fertility data and herd reports
- Preparing reports and providing detailed action reports to customers and Team Leader
- Liaising with industry professionals such as Veterinarians and Nutritionists
What will I need to be considered for this Precision Technician vacancy?
- Proven experience providing a high standard of artificial insemination services, in-depth reproductive technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of animal husbandry, with the ability to understand and converse with industry professionals
- Professional and friendly attitude with excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Highly organised, diligent, self motivated and able to overcome challenges
- Must have a can do attitude and a proven team player, able to deliver the highest quality of service to your customers 365 days a year
- IT literacy
- Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you’ll be able to apply your expertise and skills, and be encouraged and supported to further develop your career.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Enhanced Benefits: Company vehicle, annual leave entitlement of 21 days plus bank holidays, rising to 23 days plus bank holidays after 12 months, along with pension and life insurance.
Hours of Work: Full time, flexible rota, as required to meet customer and business needs
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Field based across the region of South Wales
This Regional Precision Technician (Bovine Genetics) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Cogent. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Cogent, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Cogent requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Regional Precision Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly