Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• To assist the Buyer in ensuring supplies are obtained in a timely manner, to the required quality and at the best price in order to achieve production and sales targets.
• Proactively liaise with and evaluate suppliers on an international basis, in order to achieve the best value and quality of products and services.
• Action approved Material Requisitions within agreed timelines as per departmental KPI’s
• Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes
• Assist the Buyer in agreeing delivery times and place commitments based on price, quality and accordingly to demand, supplier agreements and budgets
• Progress and process orders with suppliers
• Ensure full compliance with and understanding of Company process and MRP system
• Maintain files and records in line with Company policy
• Adhere to ISO 9000 requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ideally qualified to A Level/BTEC level in relevant subjects.
• Ideally will have some purchasing/buying experience, preferably gained within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience liaising with internal/external customers is essential.
• A good level of PC skills, with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
• MRP experience
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.