Manufacturing Operations Leader
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
The Manufacturing Operations Leader will be responsible for health and safety, quality and regulatory compliance in driving manufacturing output performance of their team. The successful candidate will be a change leader with sound understanding of financial processes, P&L cost centre management, departmental budgeting and the ability to generate and deliver a clear focus plan through operational excellence whilst having the responsibility for continually transforming the manufacturing department. Those responsibilities will include focusing on creating a workplace culture that encourages employees in all facets of manufacturing to streamline and improve safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Specifically, the leader will: -
• Lead a manufacturing team to meet its objectives of: -
o Lead, manage, inspire and motivate the manufacturing team in line with the applicable HR policies.
o Drive Customer satisfaction.
o Create a high performance workplace, drive cultural change and improvement built on organisational capabilities whilst achieve goals.
o Ensure operational objectives and results are achieved and communicated effectively to the senior team.
o Champion projects for the department and drive to completion.
o Maintain output and think ahead in a fluctuating environment.
o Ensure that operational processes are in line with applicable national, divisional and corporate guidelines, procedures, law and regulations.
o Drives internal and external collaboration when appropriate.
o Execute on requirements defined by sales and product planning.
o Leverage resource pool.
o Ensure Project Cost Performance / ROI.
o Support the reduction of Quality/Warranty Costs.
• Partner with site leadership to define manufacturing lean strategy.
• A flexible attitude to work, able to keep calm under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
• Analyse performance on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis to meet objectives.
• Understand the business, forces and trends that impact success and failure.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Will ideally be of degree education and have a track record in the Manufacturing sector.
• Masters of Business Administration or similar degree preferred.
• Manufacturing Operations Management, time served experience of managing a team.
• Financial acumen, planning and reporting with strong analytical skills.
• Lean Manufacturing, Project Management.
• Ability to travel within the UK and Globally.
• Strong technical acumen SAP knowledge; MRP/ERP systems.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.