Fire Prevention Engineer
Role: Fire Prevention Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Fire Prevention Engineer based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Key Responsibilities of the Fire Prevention Engineer:
- Ensure compliance with all U.K. fire legislation particularly the Regulatory Reform Order.
- Expert knowledge of design standards which are required to achieve legal and insurer thresholds
- Apply current standards from the VdS & LPC on testing & maintenance of fire equipment.
- Ensure compliance with fire related issues in respect of COMAH / DSEAR / ATEX
- Ensure the Fire fighting equipment on site is fully maintained and kept in a state of readiness.
- Organise and complete audits by the VdS as required by the Fire Insurer.
- Carry out actions from Fire Insurance audits.
- Produce and regularly review the site Business Continuity Plan
- Review annually the site Fire Risk Assessment document and submit to Group Risk Dept.
- Carry out Fire Investigations on site, produce reports and action improvements
- Fire Prevention Officer
- 6 x Site Services personnel
- Fire team personnel (part time)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Fire Prevention Engineer:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a Fire Engineering or related discipline
- 2 to 3 years experience in a Safety/Health/Hygiene or Environment role would be beneficial
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, to be achieved within 1 year of appointment
- Good understanding of legislative requirements and how to apply that knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to influence people at all levels in the business.
- Good presentation skills, and tact and diplomacy, in handling external interfaces with Regulatory Authorities, public bodies, and members of the community.
Just some of what we are able to offer the Fire Prevention Engineer:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as our Fire Prevention Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.