Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Responsible for purchasing a range of Goods/ Services in line with Company requirements.
• Work closely with functional teams to ensure that goods ordered are fit for purpose and to the standards required.
• Ensure that all Requisitions/ Purchase Orders are processed in a timely fashion to ensure required delivery schedules are met.
• Tendering and evaluating of offers prior to business award.
• Actively engage in the creation of robust supply contracts, ensuring legal approvals. Review on an ongoing basis.
• Supports Accounts Department with regard to the resolution of Invoice queries and problems.
• Assist with the maintenance of the Supplier database.
• Actively promote and comply with corporate policies.
• Expediting order deliveries as/and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Practical experience of using ERP / MRP systems.
• Ideally educated to degree level in a business discipline (or equivalent) and previous experience in a similar level procurement role.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a professional attitude.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• CIPS Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly