Do you thrive utilising your superb relationship building and negotiation skills, and have a high level of attention to detail? If so, this could be the ideal career opportunity for you to join an expanding business within an autonomous role, where you can put your purchasing experience to good use and make your mark.
Who will I be working with?
A & S Contractors (NW) Ltd provide services in buildings maintenance, mechanical and electrical, construction, refurbishment and facilities management through its four specialist divisions. Having gained an enviable reputation working with large corporate and public sector clients, the standards of A & S Contractors are very high and the team are expected to deliver excellent workmanship in an efficient and professional manner at all times. The business is led by a management team with over 40 years’ experience supported by an expanding skilled workforce in excess of 50 team members.
So, what will the role of Purchasing Manager entail?
As the Purchasing Manager you will take responsibility for the procurement of materials and equipment. Working closely with colleagues will enable you to deliver an efficient service and secure the best value purchases for the business, with an annual purchasing expenditure in the region of £350,000. Your duties will include;
- Receiving and dealing with materials requisitions from colleagues
- Procuring materials and equipment
- Analysing current and new suppliers and negotiating supply
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date computerised records on orders
- Liaising with colleagues to provide updates on delivery dates
- Preparing materials in the warehouse ready for collection by colleagues each morning
- Ensuring records of stock within the warehouse remain up to date through effective warehouse management, including stock takes
- Overseeing purchasing expenditure and seeking continuous improvement for best value
- Monitoring and ensuring systems implemented are adhered to
- Managing supplier performance and dealing with any issues
- Producing monthly reports for the Management team, recording and monitoring action/improvement plans to enhance results
What will I need to be considered for this Purchasing Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience within purchasing, ideally gained within the building / construction industry although other sectors will be considered
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Diligent and trustworthy
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
What will I receive in return?
You will part of a reputable business within a friendly and professional team, where your efforts will be noticed and fairly rewarded.
Salary: In the region of £25,000 – 28,000, level dependent upon experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Location: Deeside (Flintshire). Near to Chester, the M56 and A55 into North Wales.
Contract Type: Permanent
This Purchasing Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer A & S Contractors. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer A & S Contractors, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
A & S Contractors requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.