Manager - Strategic Logistics - Europe
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Elements: -
• To significantly reduce Freight Expense while improving service.
• Perform analytics required (i.e. identify, qualify, quantify) and takes action to significantly reduce global freight expense; that is,
• Source and select logistics service providers, negotiating best possible prices while adhering to scope of work required to meet business enterprise requirements.
• Select and manage Logistics Service Providers, integrating their services into a logistics network that ensures business objectives are met.
• Implement, control and measure Freight Cost Reduction programs, and take action to significantly reduce global freight expense and maximize the service/price benefit
• Manage the European logistics network’s service performance level to ensure consistent, reliable and timely delivery of orders to our customers.
• Participate and/or lead Projects and Teams involving logistics’ operations inside or outside of Europe.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10+ years direct experience in the Logistics, Transportation, Distribution or Supply Chain functions. Experience working with an integrated Logistics Service Provider is a plus.
• Working knowledge of key International Trade Compliance regulations.
• Working knowledge of the regulations governing the transportation of Dangerous Goods by ground, sea and air.
• Proficiency using SAP and familiarity with its Logistics-related modules.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
• Fluency in English.
• Ideally certified Six-Sigma Green Belt.
• Ideally Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
• Ability to travel within and outside of Europe as required to meet position’s objectives.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Manager - Strategic Logistics - Europe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly