Crew Member (Waiter / Waitress)
Crew Member (Waiter / Waitress)
Ready to serve it up ‘American Style’?
If you’ve dined out in the States, you’ll know all about the exceptional standards of customer service.
That’s what we’re about at Enochs. Service with a smile, and lashings of TLC.
You’ll be dishing up the nation’s favourite dish in our Llandudno Junction restaurant – it’s small but busy, and a truly world-class working environment.
And we’re looking for a crew member to join our happy little team.
‘It’s a fish and chip shop, we weren’t expecting this level of service.’ That’s what we hear from our customers over and over.
With that in mind, you’ll know that customer service is not a department but an attitude. That a sideways glance means the table wants their bill…and the only time a customer gets up from their table is when they’re heading for the door.
You know all of this and more? Or want to learn all this and more? Then this is your calling.
Our staff love working here – could it be the ongoing training? Our legions of loyal customers? Or the regular crew tasting evenings where you can sample our new delicacies?
So then. Ready to set sail for a new challenge? We want to hear from you.
What you’ll do…
- Meet, greet and seat customers in our very busy fish café and take away
- Take food orders from customers and process them on the EPOS in both the take away and / or fish cafe
- Prepare and serve drinks and food items
- Up sell
- Clear dishes and present the bill
- Clean the fish café and associated areas at the end of service
- Meet with the Service Officer (weekly)
- Plate dishes ready for service in the Fish Café
- Support agreed current Strategic Objectives
- Be flexible according to the needs of the business
- Suggest, recommend and support the development of new effective systems
- Maintain throughout the outlet; company standards for food quality and safety, customer service, and health and safety
- Positively participate in a cohesive crew culture while on shift, ensuring production and service work together beautifully
- Understand the company’s commitment to sustainability and participate in fulfilling the standards required
- Facilitate in consistently maintaining a ‘showcase’ front of house
That’s quite a set of responsibilities. To meet them all we think you’ll need the following attributes, skills and knowledge;
- Great customer service skills gained within a face-to-face role
- A great outlook on life
- Level headed, sensible and consistent in nature, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure and at pace
- An eye for detail
- Approachable with great communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Self-reliant and can work independently, as well as part of team
- Enjoy fish and chips
- Basic skills in reading, writing and numeracy
Ideally (although not essential) you will be / have;
- A Welsh speaker
- Basic IT skills
- Previous experience working with fish
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety
- Previous experience within a catering environment
Why should you work for Enochs?
You want to be part of something bigger…in a company that wants you to succeed as much as it does. It takes two to tango you know! Annual parties and fun days out. Product and industry knowledge - food tastings and the like. Bike to work scheme. Management development for rising stars…Oh and all the other usual stuff…paid annual holiday leave…uniform and new stuff as often as possible.
Hours of Work: Full time and part time hours available (to be discussed at interview)
Pay rate: £7.20 to £7.50 per hour, level dependent on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llandudno Junction (Conwy County, North Wales)
This Crew Member (Waiter / Waitress) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Enochs. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Enochs, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Enochs requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.