IT Systems Manager
- The purpose of the role is to maintain IT systems, lead and implement IT strategy and protect the business and our customers from ongoing threats from both within and external to the business, to ensure that the business objectives are met efficiently and effectively
- Direct and control the IT team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Contribute to the development of the company's corporate strategy as a thought leader on subjects of IT, Security and Cyber threats.
- Implementation and testing of the Company Disaster recovery plan
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that all areas of the business achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control the budget for the IT department to ensure that the department has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- Direct and control the IT services team to optimise the reliability and security of business IT systems and provide both a proactive and responsive service to our service users and our customers.
What the company is looking for in the successful candidate: -
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- MCSE and MCP qualified
- High level of managerial skills and balanced approach to people and supplier management
- Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using businesses policies and processes.
- Installing, configuring and assembling computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware
- Excellent knowledge of the implementation, installation and configuration of Microsoft Products and Applications
- Effective communication skills both verbal, written and good telephone communication skills
- Server – Windows Server 2008/2012, VM Ware 6.0 or Linux
- Database servers – (SQL 2008 – R2) programming and maintenance
- CISCO switch infrastructure – programming and maintenance switch layer 2 and layer 3 – multi Vlan environment
- SAN and NAS storage devices
- Mobile device and application management
- Backup and restore solutions VEEM
- Firewall and VPN management
- Hardware maintenance of company assets – servers, pcs, laptops, tablets and phones
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.