Veterinary Theatre Nurse
Role: Veterinary Theatre Nurse
Location: Bridgend, CF31 2BF
Salary: 22k – 25k (Depending on experience)
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Contract: Permanent (Full-Time)
We are a long-established practice that moved to purpose built premises in December 2008. We now offer outstanding standards of small animal care and Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons highest 'Tier 3' accredited diagnostic and treatment facilities.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Qualified Veterinary Nurse who will provide a high standard of clinical care, whilst keeping the pets wellbeing in mind. Each case will differ from the last and this will be a Pivotal role as you will be part of the management team.
You will be responsible for the smooth running and operating of the clinical activities
within the theatre and assist in surgical procedures ensuring a gold standard of nursing care is given to all animals.
- Fixed hours from 8.30 to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday)
- 20 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- No out of hours or weekend working
- Your role will be to manage the veterinary theatre to improve standards, introduce protocols & monitoring vet/nurse compliance
- Managing the clinical operation list for the day and theatre resource levels, including break / lunch rota ensuring to liaise with Head Nurse to resolve any issues
- Completing morning check of theatre and equipment to ensure entire work area is fully functioning and ready for surgery in addition to being fully stocked with appropriate drugs and surgical kits
- Providing specialist nursing support to the surgical team as both a circulating and scrubbed nurse
- Administering drugs, fluids and injections as per protocols under veterinary supervision
- Carrying out minor procedures such as taking out stitches, flushing wounds and changing of dressings
- Preparing theatres and surgical trolleys for use during surgery – to include selecting appropriate surgical instruments and consumables, liaison with clinician in charge regarding requirements
- Undertaking RPS duties, including taking x-rays and managing the X ray process to ensure all X-ray exposure is recorded daily
- Completing nightly ops closure ensuring, oxygen checked, all post op patients have care plan and O2 is connected to tub table in the event of an emergency, satisfactory clean down completed
- Adhering to the RCVS code of professional conduct and keeping updated on any changes at individual and team level, including completing annual CPD requirement
- Ensuring the theatre protocols are fully compliance with the RCVS code of professional conduct and all staff that work within the theatre adhere to these protocols, immediately giving feedback, taking action or escalating any breaches as appropriate
- You need to be a fully qualified and registered Veterinary Nurse with an Honours / Foundation Degree or Level 3 Diploma qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, driven and efficient individual with good interpersonal skills
- Confident decision maker with the ability to lead and inspire colleagues
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-established company with a great track record in veterinary nursing standards.
If you feel this role is for you, please click apply and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch with you.
Apply for Veterinary Theatre Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly