Assistant Product Manager
Job Elements: -
• To provide critical support for the development and growth of selected products, and support the Business Development and Sales team to ensure these product lines achieve their objectives in terms of sales volume and profitability.
• Product expertise. Intimate knowledge of allocated products, to ensure they can speak with authority about them, and provide technical or sales support where necessary..
• Sales Support activities. During launch phase, assume responsibility for the order process working closely with International Purchasing Manager, Customer Services and Suppliers. Adjust sales support information and materials to reflect any information or changes that arise.
• Responsible for accuracy and availability of information concerning allocated portfolio available to the Home and International sales teams and dealer community.
• Detailed knowledge of competitive products for benchmarking exercises and to assist with development of sales arguments against the competition, both in terms of the products and their price/value relationships.
• New product introduction. Work with the team to identify gaps in the offer and opportunities from existing supply base and work with the Business Development team to develop a business case. Lead the introduction of those products.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A graduate with minimum 2-3 years’ experience with the desire to build a career in an innovative and high performing business overseeing a brand held in high esteem.
• Experience gained from a sandwich degree will be considered.
• At least one-two years’ experience in industry/commerce.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work within multi-disciplinary teams of people on development, cost-saving and product maintenance projects.
• Highly competent with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to manage multiple projects and prioritise.
• Able to write English clearly and concisely.
• Able to articulate own thoughts clearly and persuade others.
• Be flexible over working hours and be prepared to travel occasionally.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.