A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hydraulic Modeller to join the Flood Risk Management Team of successful and rapidly expanding business Waterco.
With longstanding foundations, Waterco is an engineering and environmental consultancy specialising in Water Engineering, Drainage Design and Flood Risk. Supporting a wide range of UK and global projects, the highly driven team at Waterco is predominantly based from a modern and comfortable head office in North Wales with superb facilities, whilst benefiting from regional offices in Manchester and Chester, and also an international office based in India. The ambitious business prides itself on a friendly and flexible approach to deliver cost effective solutions on time and within budget, and is delighted to have been named within ‘100 Companies of the Year 2016’ in the New Civil Engineer magazine.
Working as part of a small specialist team as a Hydraulic Modeller, you’ll be encouraged to work autonomously whilst still benefiting from the support of an experienced management team. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Managing and delivering projects from enquiry to final report sign off
- Creating, refining and reviewing 1D / 2D hydraulic models of rivers and coastal environments
- Liaising with clients and consulting with relevant statutory authorities
- Preparing tender bids
- Preparing marketing submissions and business development
To be considered for this Hydraulic Modeller role you MUST have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Proven experience working within hydraulic modelling at a multi-disciplinary or civil engineering consultancy
- Ability to develop models of the following, using current industry recognised software packages such as Flood Modeller Pro and TUFLOW;
- Fluvial and tidal watercourses
- Overtopping, inundation and breach events
- Surface water / pluvial flow linking to a sub-surface drainage network
- Conversant with the use of GIS software (ArcGIS or similar)
- Working knowledge of UK Flood Risk Management policies
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to build strong relationships with the existing team, client base and statutory organisations
- Ability to identify new business opportunities
- Full driving licence
Strong knowledge of MIKE 11 / 21 / Flood and InfoWorks ICM would be advantageous, although not essential.
You’ll be part of a forward thinking and ambitious company which values and rewards high performance, whilst supporting career development.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, level dependent on current experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Flexible working hours in operation with core hours between 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm Monday to Friday.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Working within the head office in Ruthin (Denbighshire, North Wales). Some travel will be required to client sites around the UK. Applications will also be considered for those with a commutable preference to work from the Chester or Manchester offices.
This Hydraulic Modeller vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Waterco. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Waterco, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Waterco requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Hydraulic Modeller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly