Job Elements: -
• Lead the quality department professionally and ensure a culture of continuous improvement is set.
• Maintain and develop the companies Quality Management System (ISO 9001).
• Quality Development of employees across the business.
• Performing internal quality audits.
• Compile documentation (PPAP, PSW, ISIR, IMDS, REACH etc.).
• Champion scrap reduction projects.
• Promptly support quality related production concerns.
• Reduce customer concerns.
• Carry out internal reject analysis and reporting.
• Develop fool-proofing techniques to support quality objectives.
• Promote 5S systems.
• Carry out process audits to ensure standards are raised and maintained.
• Support introduction of good working practice such as 5S, SMED, and Lean Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Engineering/Science or Quality qualifications & background desirable.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar and demanding role.
• Good interpersonal and sociable skills - personable and confident for customer visits.
• Very good use of email/Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
• Good people person who can engage well with shop floor and staff alike.
• Automotive knowledge would be beneficial
• Problem solving techniques, 8D, 5 why’s, Ishikawa
• SAP Knowledge would be beneficial
• Quality Systems include ISO9001
• CMM programming beneficial
• Willing & keen to travel to support other areas of the business (this role will involve frequent travel to other company sites)
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Quality Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly