Job Elements: -
• The Senior Merchandiser’s function is to control the purchasing function on a specific portfolio of customers; ensuring the business has the right product, at the right time in the right place at the right cost for raw materials and finished bought in goods and services.
• Maintain control of the sourcing process with sourcing office and internal parties to ensure best practice sourcing and pricing for the portfolio.
• Maintain on-going price files for the portfolio, whilst ensuring synergy is maintained between price and specification through liaison with design and production to ensure cost, complexity or risk is managed out of the product prior to it being specified.
• Control and manage pricing and customer agreements, delivery times and quality in line with customer specifications and capability of manufacturing.
• When representing the Company to Customers you will ensure good, accurate information in a timely fashion to the customer and relevant stakeholders, this will also mean making visits to customers.
• You will enhance the building of customer relationships with direct contact in your own right and as the Director’s deputy.
• Maintain accurate specifications of products and manage any change to product lines with the supplier/ sourcing office whilst advising sales team of any timing issues, cost aspects and solutions. Ensure that timely solutions are found and put in place.
• Make sure that all design work, artwork and specification is as per the final product specification.
• Deal with supply side queries and always seek on going continuous improvement and lessons learnt.
• Management of materials movements and ensuring all relevant stakeholders are kept informed.
• Set and manage supplier KPI''s and ensuring these are met and achieved.
• Undertake UK and foreign travel as required to support the buying and supply process.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A confident communicator, experienced in relationship building and presenting to customers from both perspectives.
• Commercially aware and astute from both a buying and selling perspective, general understanding of margin management and profit and loss.
• Strong negotiation and selling skills with the ability to influence senior contacts.
• Ability to manage critical paths and understand the impact of change
• Experience of liaising and trading with the Far East.
• Experience of supporting a similar type of function within FMCG.
• Minimum A Level standard English and Maths
• Full driving licence
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.