Security Operations Engineer
As Security Operations Engineer, you will be managing and reporting operational information security risk, using appropriate IT security tools and processes. You will be required to act as a trusted expert partner to advise service teams and managers regarding operational service calls, incidents and problems, and provide awareness.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recognising, investigating and reconciling violation reports and logs generated by detection systems.
- Assisting in the assessment of the potential impact on existing access security mechanisms of specific planned technical changes.
- Assisting in the evaluation, testing and implementation of specific technical changes, ensuring that co-ordination and change control are applied.
- Conducting risk assessments and security control reviews for all types of business applications and computer installations.
- internal and external customers in defining their needs for new access rights and privileges.
- Providing input to other information security, contingency planning and related activities.
- Delivering a professional, efficient, enthusiastic and knowledgeable service at all times.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a good grounding in Information Security and can challenge the status quo. Continually innovating in order to ensure the team is offering the best level of service in terms of services and equipment.
Strong logical analysis and trouble shooting skills are essential, along with a methodical approach and good attention to detail.
Candidates must be educated to degree level, ideally with a 2:1 or above in a computer science or IT-related subject. Experience in a generalist IT Support or Service Desk role is highly desirable.
Responsibilities for this role will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role. We offer support through CISSP accreditation along with a wider program of personal and professional development.