Primarily focused on infrastructure, you will ensure that the IT estate is managed to guarantee that the wider business and user needs are met, through providing high quality technical support.
Reporting directly to the Support Manager, your key duties will include:
- Providing second and third level support to resolve issues that come into the service desk acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues.
- Proactively helping to resolve tickets where required.
- Providing technical consultancy and guidance to the change programme.
- Participating as a project resource as and when required
- Building and deployment of new or changed infrastructure to support the change programme and Continuous Service Improvement.
- Developing and delivering training courses in Group IT systems, processes and policies.
- Providing “emergency user support during “out-of-hours” as scheduled or as requested.
- Delivering a professional, efficient, enthusiastic and knowledgeable service at all times.
The ideal candidate is someone who can challenge the status quo, continually innovating in order to ensure the team is offering the best level of service in terms of services and equipment.
To be successful in this role you must have strong logical analysis and trouble shooting skills and be methodical in their approach, with good attention to detail.
Candidates must have previous experience in a generalist IS support or Service Desk role, and experience of working in an infrastructure focussed role is also essential.
Responsibilities for this role will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role.