Digital Business Analyst
Digital Business Analyst
37 hours per week
Salary £30,000 per annum - plus benefits
18 month fixed term contract
Linc-Cymru Housing is currently delivering a Digital Transformation project to transform its services and processes, making them digital by default and simpler, clearer and faster to use. The eventual aim is that ‘digital’ will become fully integrated in Linc and a vital element of our approach to continuous improvement.
This project is led by a team that puts the user at the heart of everything we do. As a digital business analyst you will join a team where you'll be working with other skilled and motivated people, developing a culture that promotes openness, participation and ownership.
You'll be someone who:
- Knows how to manage changing business and technical requirements in highly dynamic project environment.
- Works closely with the business and plays a key role in delivering new technology solutions to our customers and staff.
- Enjoys being the product owner, driving the product vision and requirements for a particular project or product being deployed.
- Enjoys working with end customers to understand, capture and refine their requirements.
- Enjoys acting as a proxy between the business and technology.
- Can supported the project team in relation to the definition of solutions, design patterns and non-functional requirements.
- Helps foster a culture of openness, participation and ownership.
- Can support the project team in relation to the definition of solutions and non-functional requirements.
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Understands the types of technologies Linc currently uses and ones it could potentially use.
- Maintains a keen awareness of technology trends as well as Linc policy and processes.
- Communicates key principles such as user centred design, Agile delivery and quality management.
Day to day you'll:
- Provide insight and analysis to understand pain points or opportunities in the customer journey and suggest solutions.
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure.
- Product Management – working closely with ICT to ensure successful design and launch of new products into the business.
- Understand user requirements and translate them into user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Track and refine user stories, generate and review customer acceptance criteria
- Identify coherent sets of end-to-end functionality.
- Generate and prioritise work backlogs.
- Lead the usability testing process, from developing user recruitment briefs, personas and user stories through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Conduct in-house research to test new product and concept developments, including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing and other approaches to ensuring the user needs are fully understood in the service design.
- Work closely with appropriate members of the team to turn user research findings into actionable product/service requirements.
Specific focus areas for this role are:
- Generation of requirements and user stories.
- Splitting down larger user stories into release and sprint phases.
- Understanding the end to end user journey across channels (e.g. social, web, applications).
- Support of estimation and release planning.
Skills and experience
You'll need key skills including:
- Managing change in the workplace.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to scope, define and agree business requirements.
- Excellent communication and the ability to initiate, cultivate, and maintain key stakeholder relationships and be able to communicate to different audiences.
- Passionate about what you bring to service delivery, a vocal advocate for user needs, within the team and the wider department/ organisation.
- Knowledge of and passion for user centred design practices for both public facing and internal services.
- Requirements elicitation and user story generation.
- Analysis of data.
- Business process design and business rules design.
- Work to tight deadlines in a technical environment.
- Interviewing users and groups, leading workshops with internal staff.
- Knowledge capture and analysing requirements to create designs to specifications.
- Interviewing users and groups.
- Work on your own initiative and within a team environment to agreed deadlines.
- Knowledge of hardware and software used in most common IT environments.
Ideally you’ll have experience of:
- Working with systems across devices – desktop, tablet and mobile, tools and transactional services.
- Working with web and social media tools and services.
- Identifying and understanding user groups and communicating needs using methods such as design personas.
- Working in an Agile environment to create new digital products/ services and applications.
- Eliciting user needs for applications and services.
- Managing, executing and analysing usability testing.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of Microsoft solutions e.g. SharePoint, Dynamics and Business Intelligence software.
- Relevant technical certifications (e.g. Business Analysis).
- Experience of the Housing industry.
Closing date for applications will be 14th December 2016 and Interviews to be held on21st December 2016.
Visit our website http://www.latestvacancies.com/linc-cymru/