Software Engineer (Contractor)
- Full Time
Job Elements: -
• To design and develop software through initial concept design, engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment and evaluation.
• Develop effective engineering software solutions for new product development to meet specification, timescale and cost requirements.
• Ensure development products are designed to comply with safety and efficacy requirements of customers and maintain industry compliance.
• Provide technical support to other engineering departments to ensure optimum solutions for design challenges.
• Provide documentation necessary for a structured design process and compliance with relevant standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An engineering qualification at degree level or above.
• Experience in development of real-time embedded systems.
• Detailed knowledge of up to date software development and test methods.
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, design tools, and peer review
• Ability to understand electronic circuit schematics.
• Excellent written and oral team communication skills.
• Knowledge of some/all the following: -
o PowerPC Core Architecture / ARM Cortex
o WindRiver VxWorks RTOS
o Graphical LCD and touchscreen solutions