Supervisor Transport Manager / Maintenance
Post Title - Supervisor Transport Manager / Maintenance
Company - Edsential
Grade - 7
Reports to - Head of Outdoor education / Operations Manager
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for overseeing PCV transport legislative compliance, both in accordance with the terms of the Company Operators Licence and in regard to the company’s duty of care. Ensure buildings, grounds and associated systems are properly maintained to comply with legal requirements meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Advise and instruct the Operator to ensure compliance with PCV operating legislation; complete Operator Licence variation applications ensuring traffic commissioner is notified of changes
- Manage vehicle maintenance planning via defect reporting, scheduled safety inspections and MOT testing ensuring vehicles and trailers are in roadworthy condition
- Maintain and audit transport records for presentation to DVSA when requested, effectively manage drivers within European and Domestic driving rules
- Check drivers vocational licences as situation demands, notify insurers of staff driving penalties; update Motor Insurers Database regarding changes to vehicles owned, leased, or hired to Edsential
- Manage maintenance staff to include performance management, absence management disciplinary procedures in line with Edsential expectancies
- Arrange scheduled and response maintenance to buildings and grounds across multiple sites with minimal disruption to customers maintaining associated records for presentation to authorised persons when requested
- With others, assist with improving the environmental performance of the Residential Centres to reduce environmental impact and reduce utility bills
- Carry out suitable and sufficient risk assessments
- Take part in any training deemed necessary by Edsential
- With other staff members carry out key holder duties outside normal working hours
Notwithstanding the detail of this job description, in accordance with Edsential’s flexibility policy, the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Senior Manager from time to time up to or at a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job.
Please complete the Application form from the supporting documents at the bottom of this page.
Call us for further information, telephone number by the “Apply” button on this page.