New opportunity not to be missed! Marlin Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Plywood Section Manager to join the team at our Wrexham site. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,000 - £38,000.
Marlin Industries is committed to ensuring its products and services not only satisfy the customer's requirements and are produced in line with current legislation, but exceed the customer's expectations and any legislative obligations.
A vacancy exists at the Marlin Industries, Wrexham site for a Plywood Section Manager.
The Plywood Section Manager function is required to ensure the smooth running and continual development of a defined production area (including personnel), to satisfy customer requirements and the organisations’ goals and objectives. Process development experience is essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Plywood Section Manager
- Convert customer demands / sales orders to production plans along with their subsequent implementation through the use of (Where applicable) MRP, daily or weekly production schedules and creation & receipting of production orders
- Maintain accurate data relating to stocks of raw material or customer owned product
- Assist in the receipting of incoming materials to the area
- Adhere to defined operating procedures and identified storage systems
- Adhere to defined health, safety, environmental, HR and quality systems (IBMS)
- Ensure plant & equipment problems / breakdowns are identified in a timely manner
- Improve employee skill levels using the company appraisal system to identify gaps
- Identify and implement more efficient or economical methods of operating
- Regularly review storage methods to remove as far as reasonably practical possible damages to raw materials, customer owned, or own finished product
- Review workload to personnel requirements. Major or sustained changes to be identified and catered for through analysis of shift work patterns and numbers of personnel employed
- Review & develop processes to ensure their applicability against changing customer demands
- Be advised through the provision of internal & external training of changes to particular legislation, technology & system developments
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Plywood Section Manager
To be considered for the position, prospective applicants should have a basic knowledge of SAP Business One or similar, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; should be literate and numerate, ideally to GCSE standard in English & Maths with NVQ level 5 (or equivalent) in Management or a minimum of 3 years experience.
The ability to work well in a busy environment whilst adhering to deadlines and procedures is essential. Knowledge & experience of 5 S & lean manufacturing principles and process development is required.
Hours of work: 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8am to 4pm on Friday..
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Marlin Industries is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Plywood Section Manager – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join us.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.