Project worker 2 Independent Child Trafficking Advocate (2 posts - 1 in North Wales - 1 in S.Wales)
Based: Based in a Barnardo's service in North Wales and South Wales.
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Salary: £23196 - £30147 p.a.
2 Posts - One In North Wales - One in South Wales
Independent Child Trafficking Advocates (ICTAs) were trialled by Barnardo's from September 2014 September 2015. The ICTAs provision is laid out in S. 48 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The main objectives of the service are;
-To support children through direct work; enabling them to navigate complex systems, such as social care, immigration and criminal justice as well as health and education.
-To act as an independent advocate working at all times in the child's best interest and promoting their well-being.
As a Project Worker 2 your Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with children, young people and their families, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes.
- Working co-operatively with children's services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children young people and families.
- Taking responsibility for the more complex cases/situations presenting within the service.
- Applying safeguarding and child protection procedures.
The successful post holder will have:
- Experience working with children and young people in situations of high risk
- Experience of advocating for children and young people
- An understanding of the needs of children who have been or who are at risk of being trafficked
The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh in North Wales is Essential and desirable in South Wales.
For further information and to apply, please visit barnardos.org.uk/jobs searching for reference CYM267.
Closing Date: 30/11/2016
Interview Date(s): 7th December 2016 South Wales - 8th December 2016 North Wales