• To maintain data on the HR and payroll database and to ensure data is timely and accurate and in line with data protection legislation.
• To maintain professional electronic and paper records to satisfy procedures and statutory requirements.
• To support recruitment activities for the business to ensure the required headcount is achieved and high quality staff are employed within agreed budgets to meet the needs of the business.
• To assist in providing a comprehensive HR advisory service to all managers and staff to ensure that the Company follows best practice in the management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• To maintain sickness absence records and monthly records to produce management information aimed at reducing sickness levels within the Company.
• To assist managers in counselling employees to improve their overall attendance levels
• To take the lead on maternity/shared parental leave/paternity/adoption and flexible working matters, ensuring records are maintained and annual reviews carried out.
• To undertake disciplinary hearings for all attendance and timekeeping issues in line with the Company’s policy and the ACAS code.
• To undertake grievance hearings.
• To administer the probation process and records and deal with performance issues as they arise
• To administer the Company’s benefits schemes
• To undertake exit interviews to understand the reasons for leaving and communicate to the relevant parties for appropriate action to be taken.
• To be responsible for the administration of the payroll on a monthly basis
What the company is looking for in the successful candidate:
• Ideally Degree level education in HR related subject and CIPD qualification or willing to study
• GCSE Maths and English
• Payroll admin experience
• HR admin experience
• Experience of dealing with disciplinaries and grievances
• Recruitment experience
• Benefits admin experience
• Passionate about providing a professional HR service
• High level of integrity
• General administration and Microsoft Word experience