WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR
JOB TITLE: WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR
HOURS: 35 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: £7.65 PER HOUR
ACCOUNTABLE TO: RETAIL MANAGER
- MAIN ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POST
To effectively manage the day-to-day running of the distribution centre with the aim of achieving optimum profit by maximising the quality of stock supplied to the group’s retail outlets and increase income from recycling opportunities. The post holder will be required to promote the profile of the Charity within the local community and assist with the recruitment of volunteers.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
The Warehouse and Distribution supervisor will be able to work effectively with the Retail Manager, Deputy Manager and Shop Team Leaders. They will also work effectively with wider management team including the Fundraising and Marketing Manager.
The post holder will be motivated and enthusiastic and possess excellent communication skills and will be Welsh speaking where possible.
They will be well organised with an ability to follow planned activities effectively and have an ability to adapt to changing working patterns on a daily basis. They will possess the necessary people skills to support and motivate volunteers. They will have experience of working in a retail and warehouse environment and have experience of customer care.
They must be able to work as part of a team as well as working independently in a supervisory role. They will also be required to have their own transport and be able to drive when required.
- WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
The warehouse and distribution supervisor will be required to work 35 hours per week. They must be able to work their contracted hours over 7 days including Sundays, Bank holidays and evenings as required. They will be flexible in times of change and be willing to work in Retail outlets as required.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor will:
- Work closely with the Retail Manager and Deputy Manager regarding all aspects of their role and responsibilities, including achievement of annual Retail targets.
- Maximise the revenue of the distribution centre through best practise of stock management and rotation, sales presentation and creation of a welcoming professional atmosphere.
- Ensure the distribution centre’s sales performance is increased and to seek creative ways to improve the centre’s performance on a continuous basis.
- Manage all aspects of stock preparation; ensuring that stock is stored and ready for dispatch to the relevant Retail outlets on a regular basis. Distribute shop stock on a regular basis including till rolls, refuse bags etc and maintain stocks of these sundries in the warehouse.
- Collect stock from outlets as required for warehouse sorting/PAT testing/selling through other channels.
- Research new recycling opportunities to increase revenue from surplus stock including scrap metal and cardboard.
- Work with the Retail Manager to develop further services from the distribution centre including selling furniture, clearance sales, E-bay, house clearances and online shop.
- Manage all aspects relating to company vehicles including leases, servicing, MOT’s, fuel card management and road tax. Ensure vehicles are checked regularly. Maintain logs of mileage, vehicle use and tyre/water/oil checks carried out.
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks as and when required both in the distribution centre and in the retail outlets.
- Carry out PAT tests to ensure that all electrical appliances are safely maintained and suitable for the environment in which they are to be used prior to being sold.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping in all areas of the distribution centre, which creates an environment that is both pleasant and safe for customers and volunteers. Also notifying the Retail Manager of any necessary repairs or maintenance to the premises.
- Be ultimately responsible for cash handling, banking and associated administration within the distribution centre.
- Recruit, retain and develop an adequate team of volunteers with the support of the Retail Manager, Deputy Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist with the training of volunteers and reporting to the Retail Manager regarding support and training requirements.
- Arrange distribution centre volunteers rotas and to organise cover for volunteers that are unable to attend.
- Comply with the Charity’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to shop security, Trading standards, Health & safety regulations and the processing of administration.
- Attend staff meetings and training days as required.
- Present a positive and professional image to both customers and volunteers at all time.
- Liaise with the Community Fundraiser, supply stock for events where possible and actively promote the work of the Charity within the local community.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Retail Manager.
To apply for this role, please send in your CV via the apply button.
Apply for WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly