Engineering Development Technician
Job Elements: -
• This is a multi-skilled role with a mechanical bias, mainly to provide practical support and assistance in Design and Development Engineering activities.
• The role will involve the manufacture of prototypes, tooling, jigs, fixtures, test rigs and special purpose equipment and also have responsibility for the repair and maintenance of equipment.
• The manufacture, assembly, checking and testing of products under development (High precision electro-mechanical devices) to the highest achievable standards and compliant with build procedures and specifications.
• Manufacture, set up and run test rigs to verify product performance.
• Ensure that documented records are maintained in accordance with procedural requirements (e.g. Build Records, Test Records).
• Continually improving build processes by optimising tooling and techniques.
• Liaise and visit suppliers as required for quality and technical matters.
• Inventory control of R&D component stocks.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum ONC/OND in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) or suitable experience.
• Good practical, hands-on skills with the ability to use a broad range of workshop tools and equipment.
• Experience in the building of prototypes and test rigs.
• Good problem solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Valid UK Driving Licence.
• Experience of quality control and working with highly regulated products.
• Experience of product testing, verification and validation.
• Ability to use CAD system (preferably SolidWorks).