Job Elements: -
• The primary focus of this role will be to implement and maintain industry standard administrative processes and policies as directed. The post holder will provide a wide range of administrative support and will play a key role in helping to maintain and develop the administrative procedures required to support staff and ensure a first class service to customers.
• Provide appropriate administrative support including supporting and servicing Senior Management Group meetings, drafting letters, producing weekly and monthly reports, collating general information, filing and photocopying.
• To act as the first point of contact for visitors and general enquiries from customers and suppliers, dealing with telephone calls, emails and general correspondence and ensure that all queries are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
• Support the on-going development of the Centre’s established quality management systems and processes including the internal auditing of ISO9001:2015.
• Ensure the timely invoicing and payments of clients and ensure that all supplier invoices are paid promptly upon receipt.
• Assist the Directors with marketing activities including mailshots, canvassing potential customers, and following up all potential leads and enquiries.
• Assist with administrative arrangements for client meetings, including the preparation of documentation, organising any technical requirements, co-ordinating travel arrangements and the provision of suitable refreshments.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3 ‘A’ Levels or equivalent (Ideally educated to Honours degree level or equivalent)
• Wide range of administrative experience gained in a commercial environment
• Experience of financial processes
• Knowledge of a European language other than English
• Experience of advanced manufacturing environment
• Experience of quality management system ISO 9001
• Well-developed office skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills