Maintenance Technician/ Electrical - Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Ride Engineer)
Location: Narberth, Pembrokeshire, SA67
Salary: £20,000 to £23,500
Closing Date: 30th October 2016
The Theme Park, located in 80 acres of idyllic setting of Pembrokeshire, West Wales, has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join its team as a Maintenance Technician (Ride Engineer).
As a Maintenance Technician at the Theme Park you will need a flexible approach to carrying out mechanical and electrical inspection duties as required at this fast paced attraction. You will play a key role in maintaining the guest rides ranging from white knuckle rides to children's smaller rides to the highest standards, ensuring all safety guidelines and procedures are always adhered to. Preventative and on-going maintenance must be done on a daily basis within the attraction and your problem solving and technical expertise will be required to address ride breakdowns and technical issues.
During off peak and winter periods assist in the annual inspection of all rides and attractions ensuring compliance with Amusement Device Inspection Procedure Scheme (ADIPS).
- You will need to have completed a recognised apprenticeship and/or hold recognised qualification(s) in a relevant engineering discipline. For example: City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3/BTEC/ONC/HNC.
- You must be confidence to work at heights when required.
- Previous experience of Rides Maintenance within the industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in fault finding, diagnostics and working on hydraulic and pneumatic systems is essential.
- You will be methodical, thorough in your approach to tasks and will have an eye for detail which will ensure that you are always complying with the numerous regulations that govern some aspects of this role. Health and safety will be your utmost priority in all the tasks that you carry out.
- This is a full time post which involves a working week of 40 hours based on a departmental shift pattern and this also includes working early mornings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- A full driving license is essential.
- Full training will be given.
About the benefits:
Alongside annual salary range of £20,000 to £23,500, the company is offering a benefits package that includes a pension plan, holiday package increasing on an annual basis, two week Christmas close down period, Monday to Friday working out of season and an Annual Pass into the Parks attractions worldwide.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Your covering letter WILL be used as a sifting mechanism so make sure it stands out from the crowd!
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Mechanical Design Improvement Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer, Design Technician, Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Ride Engineer, Structural Engineering Design, Magnet Design Engineer.