Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor
Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor, Salary: Up to £25k, Based in Pontyclun
We are looking for a Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor from an industrial background with a proven track record of managing teams to deliver on productivity, performance and quality. This position would suit a Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor / Operations Manager or similar from a manufacturing, production, engineering or operational planning type background.
This role is working for a market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated products. The depot operation stores and prepares the units ready for hire or sale, refurbishing and modifying as required.
The Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor reports into the Depot Manager and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the yard whilst controlling a small team and managing all aspects of the site. You will need to ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels are kept high throughout the depot operations.
- Planning for existing orders, maintenance and servicing and dealing with fleet enquiries and damage control
- To report and investigate any accidents or incidents on site in a timely manner.
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
- Weekly & Monthly documenting and reporting overtime worked to HQ and reporting total hours inc. holiday, sickness & overtime for pay role.
- Manage absence that includes conducting 'return to work' interviews
- Manage disciplinary and performance issues
- Identifying resourcing requirements and following relevant processes to ensure recruitment needs meet. This will include completing requisitions, shortlisting candidates, interviewing and providing feedback.
- Controlling material and labour costs
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety within the yard inc. training, PPE, plant & machinery (tools/ladders etc)
- Schedule vehicle maintenance for FLT’s, & service vehicles
Applicants should have previous experience in a Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor / Operations Manager or similar capacity, ideally from with a manufacturing, production, engineering or operational planning background. You will need to have an understanding of P&L and cost control and be comfortable in managing a team to meet targets in terms of productivity, performance, quality and H&S. Any experience of Lean and process improvement would be advantageous.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Key words: Depot Supervisor, Site Supervisor, Shift Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Hire Depot, Yard Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor
Apply for Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly