Care Assistant, Cardiff - Full & Part time
Penylan House, Cardiff
Days - £7.20 per hour / £7.34 with QCF / NVQ level 2
Nights - £7.77 per hour / £7.89 with QCF / NVQ level2
Bank Care Assistant opportunities also available - £8.20 per hour
Are you enthusiastic with a real passion for Care?
Want to work in a Care Assistant role where you can make a real difference every day?
We have fantastic opportunities for committed and passionate Care Assistants to join our team in our Penylan House Nursing Home, Cardiff.
This sounds great, tell me more…!
Penylan House is a part of Linc Care and operates in the not-for-profit sector. The fully redeveloped modern, purpose-built facility has 75 single, ensuite bedrooms with well furnished rooms, landscape gardens and car parking. The whole building exceeds CSSIW requirements with bigger bedrooms, wider corridors, spacious lounges and a high staff to resident ratio. Our recent residents and relatives’ satisfaction survey showed an incredible 100% are happy with the quality of their relative’s care and support.
Our Care Assistants and Nurses work together as part of a supportive care team, within an assigned ‘community’ to deliver consistently high quality care.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of care are maintained by supporting / assisting Elders with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assisting Elders who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of mobility aids and personal equipment provided.
- Making and changing beds, tidying rooms and maintaining Elders clothing.
What skills do I need to have?
You must be friendly with excellent communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks through to completion and handle difficult situations sensitively.
You’ll need to adapt promptly to the changing needs of our Elders and always demonstrate sound judgement, common sense and initiative.
Did you know…?
- An NVQ / QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care gives you an increased hourly rate of pay.
- Experience of working in a care environment isn’t a mandatory requirement for this post as long as you demonstrate the passion and commitment to deliver high quality care.
- Our Nursing Homes operate a fixed, rolling 2 week rota allowing staff to enjoy their work and their home life with every other weekend off.
- Shifts are from 7am – 7pm if you choose Days or 7pm – 7am if you choose Nights.
- We have full time posts in the Days working 38.5 hours per week, working 3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next, with every other weekend off.
- We have part time posts at either 16.5 or 22 hours per week working either Days or Nights.
- Linc offer a variety of continuous learning options to allow you to progress your career in care.
This is exactly what I’m looking for! How can I apply?
You can submit an application form online using the following link - http://www.latestvacancies.com/linc-cymru/
So what are you waiting for?
Come and take the first steps towards your career with an organisation that is passionate about people, homes and their communities!
We look forward to hearing from you!