Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Elements: -
• The SQA Engineer is responsible for the quality-related activities for purchased parts within the APQP & production phase, including supplier PPAP approval.
• During the pre-production stage, focus will be on ensuring the requisite level of capability and control for bought in parts.
• During the production phase, focus will be on supplier complaint management with the timely introduction of containment actions and elimination of root cause of concern.
• At the transition stage between product development phase and serial production, the SQA Engineer works very closely together with the responsible Quality Engineer / Programme Manager / Launch team to close all open issues related to supplier quality.
• Work with suppliers on specific continuous improvement and supplier development initiatives
• Undertake supplier quality systems audits against defined audit schedule. Follow up and assist supplier with corrective action closure.
• Actively drive supplier APQP activities for all new / carry over projects.
• Ensure timely review and approval of supplier PPAPs.
• Undertake supplier run@rate reviews for all new supplied product.
• Participate in in-house production signoff. Evaluate performance of supplied product and action any deficiencies
• Maintain controlled shipping activities to control a risk products / suppliers
What the company are seeking in the successful candidate:
• Have a minimum of 3 years quality engineering experience
• Knowledge of 8D problem solving process
• Ability to apply statistical techniques
• Fundamentals of APQP processes & milestones
• Thorough understanding of NPI process
• Understand PFMEA/DFMEA techniques and how to drive these to provide proactive improvements
• Good communicator and team player able to communicate across diverse cultures and languages