IT Support Analyst
We have a new exciting opportunity for an IT Support Analyst to join our successful team based in Swansea. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
Macmillan Distribution (MDL) is the award winning distribution arm of the Macmillan Publishing Group. MDL provides a distribution service for its own Group publishers as well as distribution services to over 40 third party publishers. The commercial operations are based in Basingstoke and the warehouse in Swansea ensures a smooth operation of receiving, storing and distributing an extensive range of books, handling over 40,000 titles.
About the IT Support Analyst role
We are looking to recruit a passionate individual to join our small but busy team in providing IT support to our sites in Swansea, Basingstoke and London. On a day to day basis we would expect (when it becomes necessary) team member on for each site to provide remote support to each other, but on rare occasions travel to backfill on site.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Support Analyst include:
- Experience in how to deliver good customer service and deal with customers face to face
- Progressive experience in the desktop environment
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of the Windows Server Operating System and the ability to perform domain - related administrative tasks
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of LAN environments
- Intermediate knowledge of communication protocols
- Intermediate knowledge of PC-to-other computer systems access
- Intermediate knowledge of E-mail systems (e.g., Outlook, MS Exchange, Gmail)
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating -systems and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization
- Intermediate ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis of network system devices and PC’s
What we’re looking for in our IT Support Analyst
- MS Windows - Windows 7, 8 and 10 desktop and server (hands on working knowledge)
- Competent with Visio / PowerPoint and other tools to aid clear documentation of process and work instruction.
- Google for Work and GMail
- OpenVMS and DCL
- The Vista system and the Book Industry
- Working in a warehouse environment
- The holder of a clean / full UK driving licence.
If you would like to join our team as our new IT Support Analyst then please click ‘apply’ today and submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and your expected salary. We look forwarding to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 14/10/2016