Job Elements: -
• To co-ordinate and conduct the testing of products using internal resources and external test centres where necessary.
• To develop procedures, methods and tools for test, verification and certification of the company’s products
• To participate in preparing product compliance documentation
• Manage and maintain test rigs and test equipment
• Design, manufacture and commission new test rigs
• Maintain existing test rigs and systems, updating and upgrading them as required
• Co-ordinate and schedule day to day testing, communicating with product development and process engineers to agree required testing and prototype availability.
• Work closely with product development engineers to translate test requirements into a test specification
• Turn the test specification into a functional test rig
• Conduct required testing;
o Set-up and run required tests
o Manage the generation and storage of test data
o Complete and release required test reports
• Maintain all commissioned test rigs, ensuring rigs are functional, serviced and calibrated.
• Complete and release required Q&A documentation, i.e. specifications for designed rigs, verification reports, maintenance schedules and risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Graduate calibre or equivalent in a relevant field of engineering, with a minimum of 3 years work experience
• Demonstrate the ability to commission test rigs, with a good understanding of data acquisition hardware and software.
• A degree in electrical or electronics engineering
• Proficient Labview user with the ability to configure DAQ hardware and software to capture required data.
• Proficient user of MS Excel with the ability to write macros to automate data processing.
• Good practical skills in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines.
• Good problem solving skills.