Job Elements: -
• The primary purpose of this role is to investigate customer returns and warranty claims in order to co-ordinate the introduction of counter measures with a view to increasing field quality and reliability.
• The role will involve bringing together teams from across the business (design, development, production, purchasing, supplier quality etc) and to facilitate workshops in order to:
- Identify the real root cause of any failures.
- Identify permanent countermeasures.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of countermeasures.
- Monitor success.
• This role will require extensive use of quality and problem solving tools (8D, 5Y, FMEA, Ishikawa etc) in order to ensure accurate identification and correction of failure modes and root causes.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ideally quality to HND level (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering or scientific subject with 5 - 8 years related professional experience within Quality.
• Demonstrable experience conducting root cause investigations with a thorough knowledge of problem solving tools (8D, 5Y, FMEA, Ishikawa etc).
• The ability to organise and run workshops and meetings with multi-functional teams from across a technology driven company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and hourly associates in a fast pace environment.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office and SAP.
• UK and Overseas travel may be required.
Apply for Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly