Are you an experienced Engineer with a mechanical or electrical bias, who would thrive as part of a forward thinking business focused on quality, service and innovation? If so, you’ll be delighted to hear that Brighter Foods have a superb opportunity to join the busy factory located by the seaside in Tywyn, Mid Wales. You’ll be surrounded by positive, friendly and hard working professionals with bundles of experience, and who are encouraged to suggest, develop and challenge ideas, highlight improvements and implement changes to help realise the exciting business growth plans.
Brighter Foods is an award winning and innovative food manufacturing business specialising in snack bars. But not just any snack bars, very special ones. Brighter Foods work in the niche and healthier market areas. Areas like diet control, gluten free, lactose free, low or no added sugar, sports nutrition, organic, fair trade… the list is endless. The production lines have the capacity to make over a hundred million bars a year, and the team has recently expanded to a workforce of 160 diligent professionals who understand the market place and are focused on giving the best possible quality and service.
Reporting to the Head of Operations whilst working as part of a team of six onsite Engineers, as a Maintenance Engineer your role will encompass electrical and mechanical maintenance, taking a proactive approach to ensure all plant on the production lines are well maintained and run tickety-boo, whilst promptly reacting to unforeseen breakdown issues that arise. You will also work closely with the Production team in identifying efficiency and waste improvements.
Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Working on planned improvements to plant and equipment
- Undertaking preventative and reactive maintenance of company equipment
- Developing and then following a comprehensive preventative maintenance schedule
- Maintaining accurate stock records of engineering supplies
- Sourcing and ordering inventory required
- Continually striving for efficiency, waste and energy usage improvements alongside developing idea’s for new innovation
To be considered for this Maintenance Engineer role you’ll have the following experience, skills and attributes;
- Proven experience as an Engineer within production environment, ideally within food manufacturing
- Superb fault finding and problem solving skills for electrical / mechanical issues
- Diligent and organised
- Professional manner with enthusiasm and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive outlook with the ability to communicate well with other team members
- A desire to learn and develop as part of a growing business
- Committed, disciplined and able to work under pressure
- Good personal hygiene standards
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Full UK driving licence
Qualifications within Engineering are highly desired although not essential, as experience is fundamental. A Fork Lift Truck licence would also be beneficial but training could be provided for the successful applicant.
You’ll be working within a hard working yet fun upbeat environment where your efforts and contribution will be noticed and rewarded.
Salary: £22,000 – £31,000, starting level will be dependent on current experience and qualifications.
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Hours of Work: 5 days out of 7, working as part of a team on a rotating shift pattern to cover the 24/7 operation. Shift patterns include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, and 10pm-6am.
Additional Benefits: Overtime payments available where 42.5 hours exceeded in a week
Location: Tywyn (Gwynedd County, Mid Wales)
Contract Type: Permanent
This Maintenance Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Brighter Foods. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Brighter Foods, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Brighter Foods requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
**Maintenance, Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, Factory, Manufacturing, Food, Production, Food Manufacturing, Tywyn, Gwynedd, Mid Wales**