JOB TITLE: SUPPORT WORKER
ACCOUNTABLE TO: SERVICE MANAGER
SALARY: £14,657- £15,146
Pro rata for part time
SUPPORTING AND ENABLING SERVICE USERS TO REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
1. Responsibilities and Support to Service Users
1.1 To promote independence by
Providing physical, practical and emotional support in line with the service users’ needs, goals and wishes etc.
Physical Support: For household and domestic tasks, shopping and diet/food preparation, personal hygiene, intimate personal care where applicable, appropriate dressing and personal appearance, assisting in behavioural management where applicable.
Practical Support: To participate in all tasks and activities inside and outside the home.
Emotional Support: To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
Health: To support service users to access appropriate health care provision, enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where they are unable to advocate for themselves
To create opportunities so that service users develop, establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities.To take responsibility for the development, implementation and monitoring of individual planning including:
Setting Of Goals Person Centred Planning with Service User.
Activity And Support Plans
Support service users through change and transitions
To support and enable service users to express their views in all areas of decision making / opinions at an individual and organisational level.
To support and enable service users to access their rights and have the opportunity to understand the consequences of their actions.
To advocate with and on behalf of service users accessing independent advocacy support as and when required.
To respect and maintain the dignity and privacy of service users ensuring confidentiality of information at all levels.
To liase with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the staff team to provide a consistent approach that meets individual needs.
To act as role model.
To accompany service users on holidays where agreed with the line manager.
To promote equal opportunities for service users and respect diversity, different cultures
To comply with the Care Council for Wales Codes of Practice for Social Care Workers.
To assist in maintaining accurate records i.e. finances, service user personal records, health and safety, monitoring records and any other necessary paperwork in agreement with line manager.
To take and pass a medication proficiency test after training has been received.
To administer, supervise and maintain accurate records relating to all medication administered to service users in line with INNOVATE TRUST’S medication policy.
To comply with the Care Standards Act or Domiciliary Standards whichever is applicable.
3. Service Requirements
3.1 To participate in the Service duty rota taking it in turn to do working shifts which cover
daytime, evening and weekends (based on your contract hours) with a number of sleep in
shifts per week for which an additional payment will be made.
3,2 Working patterns will include Bank Holiday’s and Statutory Holidays throughout the year for
which remuneration and/or time off in lieu will be received.
- Respect confidentiality of information for service users and the organisation.
- To have awareness of and comply with INNOVATE TRUST’S equal opportunities policy.
- To contribute to both internal and external monitoring and review processes.
- To follow and contribute to the development of organisational and project policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the overall development of the service and promote a positive image of the service users and the organisation
- To monitor, maintain and promote health and safety and security in the workplace adhering to INNOVATE TRUST’S health and safety policy.
- To attend and contribute to relevant team and organisational meetings.
- To act as mentor to other members of staff as and when required.
- To ensure the safety and protection of vulnerable adults/children according to the Protection of Vulnerable Adults and Child Protection policies and procedures
5. Personal Development
- Taking responsibility for personal development and contributing to identification of strengths and needs.
- Attending and participating in training events as identified to meet role.
- Attain appropriate NVQ qualifications to comply with Care Standards Act.
- To prepare for, attend and engage in supervision, appraisal and performance reviews accepting and providing constructive feedback.
The preceding duties are neither exhaustive nor exclusive and you may be required to carry out other duties that are deemed necessary and reasonably fall within the scope of this post. All Staff should be aware that although they may be appointed to a specific project, scheme or development they must be willing to undertake similar duties in other INNOVATE TRUST’S services either on a temporary or permanent basis. (All staff will be fully consulted about any proposed change.)